<  No Idea Message Beard  ~  NIR 300

Forum rules
Be kind to each other. Remember, everyone starts somewhere. No one is born an introverted, hyper-specialized nerd. (They are grown in a vat.) Spread the knowledge. Play nice. Be polite, help someone out. Take arguments elsewhere. Teach someone a magic trick. Pass along an awesome recipe. Have fun and don't take things too seriously. Eat pasta!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:23 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:56 amPosts: 240Location: new jersey
needs to be something awesome. NIR 100 was great, but NIR 200 was just a free fest 7 sampler. i think something really special should be planned for NIR 300

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:15 pm
User avatarToastJoined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:05 amPosts: 34
I second that. Hot Water Music :monkeydance:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:24 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:28 amPosts: 153
i'd be willing to toss wads of cash at Var for sumthang icebox

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:57 pm
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:04 pmPosts: 206
HWM - Redemption

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:37 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:57 amPosts: 556Location: Gainesville, FL
themullet89 wrote:
HWM - Redemption

I really fell for that.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:35 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:14 pmPosts: 170Location: st. louis, mo
I thought this is supposed to be a compilation with No Idea bands covering other No Idea bands?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:43 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pmPosts: 1934Location: Gainesvile, Florida
mike wrote:
I thought this is supposed to be a compilation with No Idea bands covering other No Idea bands?

Yeah, that was to be NO IDEA 200, but... at a point I just used the # for the sampler CD. It could have been 250, but... now it's #300... assuming I can find the time to pull it off. I have a fair amount of great songs for it, but am still missing so many I'd like. The trick is the songs that will be the hardest to wrangle. Those will be the icing, if they can happen.

I also look toward the #2 reason comp, which stalled out. I have all the songs now, but have not had time to whip it into shape.

With that in mind, I am splitting to do some more work.

:oneeyedmonster:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:33 pm
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a CoffeeJoined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:55 amPosts: 251
vardcore wrote:

I also look toward the #2 reason comp, which stalled out. I have all the songs now, but have not had time to whip it into shape.

So how about a tracklist?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:12 pm
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:08 pmPosts: 184
what about board members just covering no idea songs?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:27 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pmPosts: 1934Location: Gainesvile, Florida
UpAllNight wrote:
vardcore wrote:

Diet Cokeheads
Worry Ship
Wormchurch
Towers of Hanoi
Jumpers
We Moderns
Former Humans
Jon Gaunt
Chronic Youth
Chupaskabra
So Pastel
Children's Children

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:38 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:14 pmPosts: 170Location: st. louis, mo
vardcore wrote:
UpAllNight wrote:
vardcore wrote:

Diet Cokeheads
Worry Ship
Wormchurch
Towers of Hanoi
Jumpers
We Moderns
Former Humans
Jon Gaunt
Chronic Youth
Chupaskabra
So Pastel
Children's Children

Thanks for making me spit coffee on my computer. :bash: :bash: :bash: :monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:07 pm
mike wrote:
Thanks for making me spit coffee on my computer. :bash: :bash: :bash: :monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance:

Why you do that? Coffee too hot?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:21 pm
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a CoffeeJoined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:55 amPosts: 251
vardcore wrote:
UpAllNight wrote:
vardcore wrote:

Diet Cokeheads
Worry Ship
Wormchurch
Towers of Hanoi
Jumpers
We Moderns
Former Humans
Jon Gaunt
Chronic Youth
Chupaskabra
So Pastel
Children's Children

Nice....I´m missing the Ship Thieves with an unreleased track on these comps... 8x

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:47 pm
UpAllNight wrote:
Nice....I´m missing the Ship Thieves with an unreleased track on these comps... 8x

And you will continue to. This is a comp of Gainesville bands not (previously) on No Idea. There is a lot going on here. If we started today we could make a third volume with 12 more bands.

-- Of course, I hope they turn in a song for #300.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:06 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:21 amPosts: 125Location: tallahassee, floriduh
vardcore wrote:
UpAllNight wrote:

And you will continue to. This is a comp of Gainesville bands not (previously) on No Idea. There is a lot going on here. If we started today we could make a third volume with 12 more bands.

I hope there's an essay requirement for #300... would love to read why Bridge and Tunnel* chose Don's Ex-Girlfriend*, why Panthro* chose Moonraker*, why the Die Hoffnung* chose The Usuals*, etc.

Or why everyone decided to just cover unreleased The Ham songs...

(*) actual bands may vary.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:33 pm
vardcore wrote:
mike wrote:

Sorry, it was the Chupaskabra... Still making laugh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:36 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:56 amPosts: 240Location: new jersey
mark wrote:
vardcore wrote:
UpAllNight wrote:

I hope there's an essay requirement for #300... would love to read why Bridge and Tunnel* chose Don's Ex-Girlfriend*, why Panthro* chose Moonraker*, why the Die Hoffnung* chose The Usuals*, etc.

Or why everyone decided to just cover unreleased The Ham songs...

(*) actual bands may vary.
haha i'd love to hear die hoffnung covering the usuals.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:29 pm
mike wrote:
vardcore wrote:
mike wrote:

Sorry, it was the Chupaskabra... Still making laugh.

http://www.myspace.com/chupaskabra352

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:47 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:40 pmPosts: 230Location: East Bay
pukeonthestreet wrote:

Dude, if that's that way it would be, you could count my band Short Changed in on this! We would be way down to cover Pung, Bitchin, or Acrid!!!! :tunes:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:01 am
Parallax wrote:
pukeonthestreet wrote:

Dude, if that's that way it would be, you could count my band Short Changed in on this! We would be way down to cover Pung, Bitchin, or Acrid!!!! :tunes:

I think we would be able to at least post a comp like that as a download. You can take that as a dare; whatever you like. As long as I don't have to do any work, haha, then I'm icebox with it! Somebody else can even do the "cover art".

:oneeyedmonster: 8x :oneeyedmonster: 8x :oneeyedmonster: 8x

Offline Profile