<  Vardcore  ~  APRIL SHOWERS, but June is a crusty

Forum rules
This is where I will rant, tell stories, and talk about bands and records in the works. (Hey, wake up! And take a shower!)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:50 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pmPosts: 1934Location: Gainesvile, Florida
Okay, so I will start with a can of flozm, plus the stragglers from last time:

GRABASS CHARLESTONS/TOYS THAT KILL • split LP
-- I think it's time to get this thing mastered.

YOUNG LIVERS LP/CD. The metal version is no joke and if you are reading this you probably missed out. Luckily, the regular version is awesome too. Nerd alert: the metal version does NOT include the LP Jacket that is on the non-metal version.

ANDREW PIONEERS JIHAD / O JACKSON... O'PENIS does not really like the art and neither do I. Go figure!

WHISKEY & Co. Great record. "Rust Colors"... Songs are starting to leak from the flask that is W&C... lookit the Southern Lovin' site and you'll find the links. Awww, yehhh!

#2 Reason to Move to Gainesville LP
-- From here on out, it is all my fault... that is until I give the info to Rockhill. Then it becomes all HIS fault!

FIYA "Magic Words" LP+CD
-- Later on in April, the wait is over!

GATORFACE “Wasted Monuments” LP/CD
-- We decided to make it an LP+CD this morning. Out in 2 weeks.

HAWKS AND DOVES
-- This got re-mixed by Ryan at Crescendo Sound a week or so ago. I am getting excited again. This one is going to be the feel-good jam of the summer!

HOT WATER MUSIC "Live in Chicago" 7"
-- Yeah, you fell for it... but at least this record is real! This will be released for RECORD STORE DAY and will be 1000 made on colored weenil. Start bugging your local stores NOW... and give us their contact info too so WE can bug them too!

LEATHERFACE "The Stormy Petrel" 2xLP/LP/CD
-- The LP and 2xLP will be here in 2 weeks. If you have any last-minute suggestions for weenil color on the 1xLP, get them in! And Marbs, shut up about the black weenil already. I have you covered, much like an performance fleece blankey.

BRIDGE AND TUNNEL "Indoor Voices" 10" or is it a 12" ?!?
-- The European Tour 2010 version is a 12" with screen printed chipboard covers. 250 made. The "regular" version will be a 10" with full color jackets. 5 great songs with Tia.

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS / NO FRIENDS split 6"
-- We got the OWTH song and are mixing it. I'm calling it MAY.

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS / DETOURNEMENT split 7"
-- The songs got cut in the wrong order, so the tests are goofy. Round 2 tests will be here next week. The B-side label got rejected by the pressing plant for "copyright issues" so we had to re-print them too. I'm calling it LATE APRIL.

SHORES "Coup de Grace" LP
-- John Massel (Don Knotts) is in a band that reminds me of RED HOUSE PAINTERS, SEAM, CODEINE, SPAIN. They are about to record album #2, so... look for this before too long.

THE MEASURE [sa] "Notes" LP/CD
-- Real good, fer sher. Out this summer. I'm liking it. Wackiness ensues, good times to be had by all! That, and the songs are fancy fine and pickled in the best brine!

Something about a split release with some bands... or three.

We're doing a record by an "S" band.

I'll post more here when I remember what it was. Shower time!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:47 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:28 amPosts: 153
i like these monthly updates.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:43 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pmPosts: 1934Location: Gainesvile, Florida
I think I forgot to leak the LEMURIA / CHEAP GIRLS split. Not recorded yet. Oh, and DEAR LANDLORD recorded while they were in Gainesville. Roger from REHASHER recorded the songs at Moat House Studio. Talk about a nice pairing! TOYS THAT KILL have a song or two for the split already and may or may not record one more. GRABASS CHARLESTONS are going to record a new album, due out in 2012, just in time for the world to end.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:29 am
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Thu May 21, 2009 3:51 pmPosts: 137Location: michigan
vardcore wrote:
DEAR LANDLORD recorded while they were in Gainesville. Roger from REHASHER recorded the songs at Moat House Studio.

awesome. can't wait to hear this.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:14 am
Buttered ToastJoined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:24 amPosts: 71Location: Calgary / Alberta / Canada
As always some exciting things happening at No Idea!
I'm really digging those new Whiskey & Company songs.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:14 am
Buttered ToastJoined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:39 amPosts: 59
Alright! Stoked for the TTK/Grabass split. Also for Gatorface and the OWTH/NF split. It would be ICEBOX if I could order all three at the same time (ridiculous day II?).

what were the "copyright issues?" do you think it was a legit complaint?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:45 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:21 amPosts: 125Location: tallahassee, floriduh
vardcore wrote:

-- John Massel (Don Knotts) is in a band that reminds me of RED HOUSE PAINTERS, SEAM, CODEINE, SPAIN. They are about to record album #2, so... look for this before too long.

I was curious when "John Massel's new band" showed up on the NIR page, so went an found/listened to their MyFace page... i really like what I heard.... VERY different from anything else I've heard released by NIR (can you think of something more "different, Var?). Pretty excited.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:58 am
dfxm wrote:
what were the "copyright issues?" do you think it was a legit complaint?

The plant thought there was a vague possibility that someone somewhere might complain about the label art.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:58 am
mark wrote:
vardcore wrote:

I was curious when "John Massel's new band" showed up on the NIR page, so went an found/listened to their MyFace page... i really like what I heard.... VERY different from anything else I've heard released by NIR (can you think of something more "different, Var?). Pretty excited.

Crucible?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:47 am
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a CoffeeJoined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:55 amPosts: 251
A "S" in the name? There´s hope for new Ship Thieves output...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:00 pm
UpAllNight wrote:

Well, that is a nice nominee too (I'll bug Chad and Chris) but that was not the "S" I was speaking of. That would be like Saying SICK OF IT ALL was an "i" band, haha!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:48 pm
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:08 pmPosts: 183
so it's the long awaited full length then?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:11 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:21 amPosts: 125Location: tallahassee, floriduh
vardcore wrote:
UpAllNight wrote:

Well, that is a nice nominee too (I'll bug Chad and Chris) but that was not the "S" I was speaking of. That would be like Saying SICK OF IT ALL was an "i" band, haha!

PS Eliot? ....that'd be iceboxx.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:43 pm
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:08 pmPosts: 183
or the full length a few years ago we thought we'd never get?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:20 pm
ToastJoined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:16 pmPosts: 43
Picked up the Bridge and Tunnel 12" this weekend. It's good.

Also, the 'S' band better be Strikeforce Diablo since they are the best 'S' band.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:23 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:57 amPosts: 556Location: Gainesville, FL
I read that as Var being as vague as possible, since he never said the band named STARTED with the letter "S."

so, if we limit the choices to bands that already have albums on No Idea, it could possibly be....

AGAINST ME!
AMERICAN CHEESEBURGER
ANNALISE
ASSHOLEPARADE
ASTRID OTO
ATOM & HIS PACKAGE
BILLY REESE PETERS
CHEAP TRAGEDIES
CHRIS WOLLARD
CLEVELAND BOUND DEATH SENTENCE
COALESCE
CRASS
DEADSURE
EATING GLASS
THE ERGS
GHOST MICE
GLASS AND ASHES
GRABASS CHARLESTONS
GUS
HAWKS AND DOVES
HOT WATER MUSIC
I HATE MYSELF
INQUISITION
JAMMY DODGERS
LESS THAN JAKE
LIVING DARKNESS
NEW MEXICAN DISASTER SQUAD
NEW WAVE BLASPHEMY
NO FRIENDS
OFF WITH THEIR HEADS
ONION FLAVORED RINGS
PINK RAZORS
PLANES MISTAKEN FOR STARS
REHASHER
RELIGIOUS AS FUCK
RIVERBOAT GAMBLERS
RUMBLESEAT
SCOUTS HONOR
SHOREBIRDS
SMALL BROWN BIKE
SPARKMARKER
SPOKE
STRIKEFORCE DIABLO
THE SWARM
THIS BIKE IS A PIPE BOMB
THIS IS MY FIST
TUBERS
UNITAS
USUALS
WESTERN ADDICTION
WHISKEY & CO
YOUNG LIVERS

and probably a few more that I am too lazy go find on the complete discography page.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:01 pm
You are all idiots and I am very smart. I have edited my original post such that your feeble brains may comprehend the vast intelligence that I export to you, via these "pages".

I hate you all.

P.S.: Please buy the Young Livers record.

;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:03 pm
Philip wrote:
I read that as Var being as vague as possible, since he never said the band named STARTED with the letter "S."

so, if we limit the choices to bands that already have albums on No Idea, it could possibly be....

AGAINST ME!
AMERICAN CHEESEBURGER
ANNALISE
ASSHOLEPARADE
ASTRID OTO
ATOM & HIS PACKAGE
BILLY REESE PETERS
CHEAP TRAGEDIES
CHRIS WOLLARD
CLEVELAND BOUND DEATH SENTENCE
COALESCE
CRASS
DEADSURE
EATING GLASS
THE ERGS
GHOST MICE
GLASS AND ASHES
GRABASS CHARLESTONS
GUS
HAWKS AND DOVES
HOT WATER MUSIC
I HATE MYSELF
INQUISITION
JAMMY DODGERS
LESS THAN JAKE
LIVING DARKNESS
NEW MEXICAN DISASTER SQUAD
NEW WAVE BLASPHEMY
NO FRIENDS
OFF WITH THEIR HEADS
ONION FLAVORED RINGS
PINK RAZORS
PLANES MISTAKEN FOR STARS
REHASHER
RELIGIOUS AS FUCK
RIVERBOAT GAMBLERS
RUMBLESEAT
SCOUTS HONOR
SHOREBIRDS
SMALL BROWN BIKE
SPARKMARKER
SPOKE
STRIKEFORCE DIABLO
THE SWARM
THIS BIKE IS A PIPE BOMB
THIS IS MY FIST
TUBERS
UNITAS
USUALS
WESTERN ADDICTION
WHISKEY & CO
YOUNG LIVERS

and probably a few more that I am too lazy go find on the complete discography page.

P.P.S.: The band is not on that list.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:18 pm
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a CoffeeJoined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:36 amPosts: 292
vardcore wrote:
We're doing a record by an "S" band.

Senders
BAM, DONE, DO IT!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:21 pm
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:28 amPosts: 179
Soundgarden?

Offline Profile