<  Vardcore  ~  COMING SOON, the MARCH of the pickleguins

Forum rules
This is where I will rant, tell stories, and talk about bands and records in the works. (Hey, wake up! And take a shower!)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:12 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pmPosts: 1934Location: Gainesvile, Florida
Okay, so I will start with the stragglers from last time:

GRABASS CHARLESTONS/TOYS THAT KILL • split LP
-- We have the cover art, thanks to Todd Razorcake's handy camera and Jay Miracle's handy paintbrush. Need to mash the songs together onto one disc... oh, and we have to make up the words for the TTK songs, as Todd Recess is way to busy eating pudding to write all those deep thoughts down onto a scrap of paper and fax them to PJ. Maybe?

YOUNG LIVERS LP/CD. I am listening to the reference lacquer as I type this. It is good. I guarantee you that this will be the heaviest pre-order of the year. Feast your tentacles on that one for a while!

ANDREW PIONEERS JIHAD / O JACKSON... I don't even know why music exists. Do you?

WHISKEY & Co. Great record. "Rust Colors"... I am mailing the master to get a refefence lacquer cut TOMORROW. I like the cover photo, but you can't see it yet... ha!

#2 Reason to Move to Gainesville LP
-- From here on out, it is all my fault... that is until I give the info to Rockhill. Then it becomes all HIS fault!

LIFETIME is out; shut up already.

FIYA "Magic Words" LP
-- Test Pressings APPROVED! Artwork by Nate Powell AWESOME!

GATORFACE “Wasted Monuments” LP/CD
-- The lacquer arrived at the plant this week, so... test pressings shall occur before long!! The LP Jackets arrived today! The art pops off the cover, grabs you by the shirt collar, and drags you into its lair! Amphibians rejoice! Richard finally gets his matte varnish!

(Jennifer just busted me on the amphibian comment. She says gators are reptiles. I think she's right, yet I wonder... won't the amphibians be rejoicing too? Okay, maybe not. Dang.)

HAWKS AND DOVES
-- Something about Ryan and Derron and a mixer. Sounds like a party you want to hear about, but mayb enot attend. Hahaha!

Hot Water Music. They grew on me over time. You?

LEATHERFACE "The Stormy Petrel" 2xLP/LP/CD
-- The CD ships to us tomorrow, the lacquers for the weenil arrive at the plant on Tuesday. It's at a run from here!

BRIDGE AND TUNNEL recorded something. The rest is veiled in your blistering odor. They will tour Europe in April with YOUNG LIVERS!!

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS / NO FRIENDS split 6"
-- Awesome art, check! Songs... in the mail?

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS / DETOURNEMENT split 7"
-- At the plant / at the printer.

SOME BAND WITH JOHN MASSEL ON DRUMS
-- Getting mastered now-esque. Supposedly they are called SHORES now. It was either that or HANGERS or ROYAL PALISADE. What do you think?

SBB record will be here any moment now. Get one at HOH if you are at all lucky, because their is nothing cooler than getting your record to warp by putting it into your backpack and standing around in the sun all day. For real, try it!

THE MEASURE [sa] are a band. Do you agree? Fun shall occur in vast quantity.

I'm probably not supposed to talk about the other stuff yet.

Time for dinner... and for me to give the final OKAY for the LIVERS record to get cut for real!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:59 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:28 amPosts: 153
damn dood.

"No Idea, takin' yo' moneies in 2010!"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:44 pm
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:04 pmPosts: 206
Extremely stoked on the two OWTH splits and the AJJ/OP!!! split.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:51 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:56 amPosts: 240Location: new jersey
the HWM better not be delayed another month
Is it gonna be new material, live material, or what?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:10 pm
User avatarButtered ToastJoined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:11 amPosts: 59Location: So Cal.
vardcore wrote:

Nah. It was pretty instant. "Forever and Counting" was put on my computer about 7-8 years ago, but I just listened to it for the 1st time about 2 years ago....Geez I missed out cause I didn't like the name... I've never judged a band by it's name since. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:22 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pmPosts: 1934Location: Gainesvile, Florida
:monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance: :Sally: :Sally: :Sally: :Sally: :Sally: :monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance: :mrskull: :mrskull: :mrskull: :phones: :phones: :phones: :ihaveaboner: :ihaveaboner: :ihaveaboner: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :shakingfist: :shakingfist: :Wha?: :Wha?: :Wha?:

Vivie and Ivo are very happy about the new emoticons... thanks Peej!

^O^ ^O^ ^O^ :jonmarburger: :jonmarburger: :jonmarburger: :trooper: :trooper: :trooper: :piggy: :piggy: :piggy: :varthelin: :varthelin: :varthelin: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :Sally: :Sally: :Sally: :Sally:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:19 pm
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a CoffeeJoined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:55 amPosts: 251
Whats the deal with this Hot Water Music thing? DVD? CD? LP? Old? New? Soon?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:14 pm
UpAllNight wrote:
Whats the deal with this Hot Water Music thing? DVD? CD? LP? Old? New? Soon?

Well, since it's just between you and me (and not the whole internet), I'll just whisper it to you... ppsssppp pssspppp ssssppptt...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:28 amPosts: 179
such a tease! <3

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:24 pm
BreadJoined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:59 amPosts: 19
VAR, got any idea of when/if there will be a pre-order of the OWTH/Detournement record? I understand it's at the plant right now, I just don't wanna miss out on this one. Any pressing info available?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:55 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:56 amPosts: 240Location: new jersey
Speaking of that dtrnmt/owth split, Var, you told me to remind you closer to a release date about a test and a low number colored copy.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:09 pm
BreadJoined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:49 pmPosts: 15Location: New Hampshire
vardcore wrote:
ANDREW PIONEERS JIHAD / O JACKSON... I don't even know why music exists. Do you?

So... still no artwork for that? Are you taking suggestions yet?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:59 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:40 pmPosts: 230Location: East Bay
Super stoked on the No Friends/OWTH split.

No Friends=Amazing!!

I hope they come to California someday, seeing them at the Fest was sweet! American Cheeseburger too for that matter!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:59 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:57 amPosts: 556Location: Gainesville, FL
Mot wrote:
vardcore wrote:

Nah. It was pretty instant. "Forever and Counting" was put on my computer about 7-8 years ago, but I just listened to it for the 1st time about 2 years ago....Geez I missed out cause I didn't like the name... I've never judged a band by it's name since. :oops:

so have you checked out Small Bronw Bike yet? almost as good as HWM, and with a far worse name!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:34 am
User avatarButtered ToastJoined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:11 amPosts: 59Location: So Cal.
Philip wrote:
so have you checked out Small Bronw Bike yet? almost as good as HWM, and with a far worse name!

Funny you mentioned this... I just found "Our Own Wars" on my HD about a week ago. My buddy built the computer for me about 10 years ago and put 20G of music on it... these were stashed away in the "Indie" section. To quote Wizo... How cood iya fnowne? :?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:23 am
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:28 amPosts: 179
I love finding secret music on harddrives

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:36 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:28 amPosts: 153
ohhh, i'm getting excited. dont we get part two this week? or am i just tipsy on lost and justified?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:46 am
Buttered ToastJoined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:05 pmPosts: 58Location: Brantford, Ontario, Canaduh
I'm super excited for all of this. Also, I was looking through the distro and saw that No Idea is doing the new Paul Baribeau weenil. When does that come out?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:49 am
bathroommonkey wrote:
ohhh, i'm getting excited. dont we get part two this week? or am i just tipsy on lost and justified?

Weird, we stayed up late and watched those same shows last night too! I was working at the same time, which was necessary but not so relaxing.

I figure part two is a little further off. Things are moving along.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:19 pm
Justified was really good. I'm hooked.

Offline Profile