<  Vardcore  ~  Anyone dumping a 4 or 8 track?

Forum rules
This is where I will rant, tell stories, and talk about bands and records in the works. (Hey, wake up! And take a shower!)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:33 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pmPosts: 1934Location: Gainesvile, Florida
I might be looking for a 4 or 8 track for demoing. Nothing fancy, but would prefer something easy to operate.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:22 pm
User avatarSite AdminJoined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:22 pmPosts: 142Location: Gainesville, FL
vardcore wrote:
I might be looking for a 4 or 8 track for demoing. Nothing fancy, but would prefer something easy to operate.

I have one I never use anymore.

I think you know where to find me.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:25 am
Buttered ToastJoined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:39 amPosts: 59
peej wrote:
vardcore wrote:

I have one I never use anymore.

I think you know where to find me.

lol

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:33 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pmPosts: 1934Location: Gainesvile, Florida
Now... does anyone have any SM57, 58, or other decent mics? Ha ha!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:11 am
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:47 pmPosts: 229Location: Gainesville, FL
vardcore wrote:

Oh Var. SM57's and SM58's are not decent mics. They are bland, utilitarian mainstays. I am not sure what you need these for but I would be more than happy to help you pick out some actually decent but not expensive mics.

Jon

p.s. You should pretend you are still on tour and come get a drink at happy hour today.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:22 pm
Marbs wrote:
vardcore wrote:

Oh Var. SM57's and SM58's are not decent mics. They are bland, utilitarian mainstays. I am not sure what you need these for but I would be more than happy to help you pick out some actually decent but not expensive mics.

Jon

p.s. You should pretend you are still on tour and come get a drink at happy hour today.

Oh Jon, You are so right. $$$ Ribbon mics would really bring out the full fidelity of the cassette 4-track experience.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:30 pm
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:47 pmPosts: 229Location: Gainesville, FL
vardcore wrote:
Marbs wrote:
vardcore wrote:

Jon

Oh Jon, You are so right. $$$ Ribbon mics would really bring out the full fidelity of the cassette 4-track experience.

Why do you have to be mean, man? I am not at all referring to ribbon mics. I am just saying you could do better with some older cheap Electro-Voice dynamics and maybe a used newer Sennheiser 609. Four track tape machines can sound surprisingly good if you don't just use 57's and 58's. I was not trying to be snide at all. Seriously.

Jon

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:09 pm
Marbs wrote:
vardcore wrote:
Marbs wrote:
vardcore wrote:

Jon

Why do you have to be mean, man? I am not at all referring to ribbon mics. I am just saying you could do better with some older cheap Electro-Voice dynamics and maybe a used newer Sennheiser 609. Four track tape machines can sound surprisingly good if you don't just use 57's and 58's. I was not trying to be snide at all. Seriously.

Jon

If nothing else, I was going to use a set of ipod headphones as microphones.
The only name of a mic I remember is those beater ones that the local place rents... you know, the place with the guy that got knocked out by Anthony from Red Hot Chilli Peppers in the late 1980's? That place. What a great guy that guy is. Anyhow, what does "electro-voice dynamics" mean? That sounds a lot cooler than the lame garbage I would have ended up with. Gross.
That drink is sounding really good about now. Where you gonna be?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:38 pm
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:08 pmPosts: 183
my cousin got a wicked deal on an sm58 last year, we went to a local place called daddy's junky music and we were like we need an sm58, the dude was like some guy just returned one it looks like he didn't even use it, so the guy gives it to my cousin for 60 bucks and then goes oh he left this $50 dollar mic stand here, have it

Offline Profile