<  Pimpin' is Fairly Easy  ~  Benefit show in Gainesville tomorrow night

Forum rules
NO BOOTLEGS!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:19 pm
User avatarSite AdminJoined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:22 pmPosts: 142Location: Gainesville, FL
Here is some info on the show Whiskey & Grabass are playing tomorrow night:

We are playing a benefit show for our good friends son Finn. Finn is 2 1/2 years old and was born with autism. Because treatment for autism is considered by insurance companies to be experimental, private insurance in Florida does not cover autism treatment which can reach up to $250 an hour.

The show will also promote awareness and raise funds for the Center For Autism and Related Disabilities at the University of Florida, an organization that helps with referrals, information and training and consultative services to families in Gainesville.

This is a really good cause that is worth coming out for.

Here is an article about it all from the Gainesville Sun:
http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... ERTAINMENT

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:08 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:41 pmPosts: 185Location: Festville
When is showtime Peej? Got set times?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:26 pm
User avatarSite AdminJoined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:22 pmPosts: 142Location: Gainesville, FL
hawkgirl wrote:
When is showtime Peej? Got set times?

hmmm.. no i don't. It's not an early show or anything so it should start around the normal time. First band is probably around 10.

:rockout:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:24 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:41 pmPosts: 185Location: Festville
lies, all lies. 10 pm. ha.

As much as I think twitter is annoyingly stupid and love to mock it, I'd subscribe to a set time/venue twitter. Sometimes when I'm working at 82, I can slip away to another venue for just one set or so. Also, some people (not me) are old and don't wanna hang out all night waiting for bands or venues on Gainesville time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:36 am
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a CoffeeJoined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:36 amPosts: 292
hawkgirl wrote:
lies, all lies. 10 pm. ha.

As much as I think twitter is annoyingly stupid and love to mock it, I'd subscribe to a set time/venue twitter. Sometimes when I'm working at 82, I can slip away to another venue for just one set or so. Also, some people (not me) are old and don't wanna hang out all night waiting for bands or venues on Gainesville time.

i would love a thing where I could see set times for pretty much the same work reason. if i'm not doing anything that night I'll watch all the bands but for nights I'm at work I can usually leave no problem for an hour to catch a set or two.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:17 am
Thats why I'm saying something like twitter or a text thing would work, b/c I know they really don't get decided until an hour before the show...and sometimes change at the last minute.

Maybe it would also get more people out of their caves...b/c it would remind them about the show. Additionally the venue could state its happy hour special, bbq or whatever to get the kids there beforehand.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:58 pm
User avatarButtered ToastJoined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:30 pmPosts: 71
awesome idea

Offline Profile