<  No Idea Message Beard  ~  BLACK GOD II Pressing Problem?

Forum rules
Be kind to each other. Remember, everyone starts somewhere. No one is born an introverted, hyper-specialized nerd. (They are grown in a vat.) Spread the knowledge. Play nice. Be polite, help someone out. Take arguments elsewhere. Teach someone a magic trick. Pass along an awesome recipe. Have fun and don't take things too seriously. Eat pasta!
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:39 pm
Buttered ToastJoined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:24 amPosts: 71Location: Calgary / Alberta / Canada
I just got my Black God II 7" in the mail and on side 2 it appears the record wasn't pressed properly. As soon as I put the needle down i could hear the sound go warbly and just sounded weird. Looking at the record in the light i can see that the plate wasn't centred on the the weenil. Does that make sense? If you look at the edge of the record, first song on Side 2 look at where the grooves start...now spin the record around and follow that groove. You'll see that it changes at one point, and there's more space between the start of the song and the edge of the record. This causes the needle to move all over, not really finding the groove.
Anyone else have this problem? My copy is on a purpleish pink weenil. It makes the second side unlistenable. :|

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:19 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pmPosts: 1934Location: Gainesvile, Florida
The copies I played from the first pressing sounded awesome. The issue you are describing is an off-center stamper. We will check and see what we find. This is the first I have heard of it with this record. On it. Check back on Friday.

Offline Profile