<  No Idea Message Beard  ~  Share your thoughts on the new Shores releases

Forum rules
Be kind to each other. Remember, everyone starts somewhere. No one is born an introverted, hyper-specialized nerd. (They are grown in a vat.) Spread the knowledge. Play nice. Be polite, help someone out. Take arguments elsewhere. Teach someone a magic trick. Pass along an awesome recipe. Have fun and don't take things too seriously. Eat pasta!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:44 pm
Buttered ToastJoined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:24 amPosts: 71Location: Calgary / Alberta / Canada
I finally got my preorder package, fantastic records thru and thru, but i want to see what everyone else thinks of the 3 Shores releases.
I liked the first LP on No Idea, but I like all the newer releases more. And that's no slag on the first LP, it's just that everything is better on the new releases. One of the things I love is the clear ringing tone on the guitar. I'm not a guitar player so i have no idea if that is a special sound to everyone else. But i dig it.
Me and my wife enjoyed listening to these records when we're sitting around the table playing cribbage this past weekend. They're calming and soothing, especially if I'm losing the game

Oh and i'm really digging Charles The Osprey. Do they have more records out?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:48 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pmPosts: 1934Location: Gainesvile, Florida
shauncitrus wrote:
I finally got my preorder package, fantastic records thru and thru, but i want to see what everyone else thinks of the 3 Shores releases.
I liked the first LP on No Idea, but I like all the newer releases more. And that's no slag on the first LP, it's just that everything is better on the new releases. One of the things I love is the clear ringing tone on the guitar. I'm not a guitar player so i have no idea if that is a special sound to everyone else. But i dig it.
Me and my wife enjoyed listening to these records when we're sitting around the table playing cribbage this past weekend. They're calming and soothing, especially if I'm losing the game

Oh and i'm really digging Charles The Osprey. Do they have more records out?

http://www.charlestheosprey.com/

Shores... ahhh. They are some prolific nerds. At least I assume they are nerds. Can we get a consensus on that? They will have a third album out by October, I reckon. As well as a tour with Creepoid sooner. Whoop!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:38 pm
ToastJoined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:46 amPosts: 35
awesome and rad and sweet and thank you!
rick "master splinter" johnson can be blamed for the sounds. we are increasingly excited about the sounds we find via him each time we go in. number three is our favorite yet.

we went 9,077 band miles in 2011, and have about double that planned for this year. lots with creepoid. we're like butter and peanut butter [they're nuts]. wow. i should to learn to sleep again.

also, fourth lp recording time is booked for march, this time in a cabin in the woods, where we'll feel isolation, where we'll feel separation from everything.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:45 pm
Buttered ToastJoined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:24 amPosts: 71Location: Calgary / Alberta / Canada
Excited for more records!! Keep 'em coming!
Hopefully some of these tour plans bring you up to the North West.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:37 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pmPosts: 1934Location: Gainesvile, Florida
hotnickels wrote:
a cabin in the woods, where we'll feel isolation, where we'll feel separation from everything.

He went there! ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:46 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:28 amPosts: 153
damn it's nice to see a band who is so prolific. i'm along for the ride, can't wait for more.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:13 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:49 pmPosts: 120Location: gainesville
shores/creepoid was one of my fave moments during the fest, glad everyone else was silly and watching some band called kid dynamite.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:38 pm
ToastJoined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:46 amPosts: 35
right now we've got our east coast plan with creepoid for march.
then we record #4.
then we do something tbd in the summer. it would be excellent if this were west, but i donno yet. i'm unfamiliar with the logistics of all of that, and have never been west of st. louis. i like the idea of an alaskan tour. but that's probably because i like hoodies, and not sweating the whiskey and pbr out so quickly.
then we record #5?*
then we do another extended east coast trip to FL in the fall.
then, well, you know what then.**

*this is mostly to make var's eyes roll, but last time i made that joke, it came true. it's semi-written, another eye roll, so who knows.

**in case you don't, john cusak picks us up in a limo and we get on a huge ark, and probably go live on the moon.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:54 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:40 pmPosts: 230Location: East Bay
I specifically went to Fest a day early so I could see Shores!. They were every bit as amazing as I remembered them the year before. I hope they come to the Bay Area someday. If not I will be at Fest as usual. :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:39 am
Buttered Toast with JamJoined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:57 pmPosts: 76Location: Corning, NY
I loved the first LP and 'To Volstead' is ridiculously good but I have to be in a certain mood for Shores.

I'm just giving 'Ritual' a listen for the first time right now.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:51 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a CoffeeJoined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:39 pmPosts: 458Location: The Golden State
All the new Shores stuff is amazing. Just like the first record.

I'm REALLY into Charles The Osprey. I need to research them.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:27 am
BreadJoined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:31 pmPosts: 14Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan son!
Aw shucks you guys. Thanks for the kind words. Expect album three by June or July and a split 7" with Creepoid for our tour in march. Shores is workin hard these days and it's exciting.

John

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:17 pm
Buttered Toast with JamJoined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:57 pmPosts: 76Location: Corning, NY
Shores are quickly becoming one of my favorite current bands. 'Faith Hill' is quite possibly one of the coolest songs ever written.

John, any summer touring plans? I'd love to set up a gig in Ithaca, NY.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:03 am
lame gig contest wrote:
Shores are quickly becoming one of my favorite current bands. 'Faith Hill' is quite possibly one of the coolest songs ever written.

John, any summer touring plans? I'd love to set up a gig in Ithaca, NY.

They are on a short tour right now with CREEPOID. They are playing Gainesville TOMORROW with Senders and Averkiou

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:36 am
"Leavening" has been mastered and in full clarity is AWESOME.

We will have a reference lacquer next week (along with Stop Breathing... it's like a 2004 NL / GnA rematch!)

You remember how I said we were not going to do any RSD releases?

:oneeyedmonster: :oneeyedmonster: :oneeyedmonster:

(Hint: neither of these LPs...)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:07 am
vardcore wrote:
"Leavening" has been mastered and in full clarity is AWESOME.

We will have a reference lacquer next week (along with Stop Breathing... it's like a 2004 NL / GnA rematch!)

You remember how I said we were not going to do any RSD releases?

:oneeyedmonster: :oneeyedmonster: :oneeyedmonster:

(Hint: neither of these LPs...)

oooo, mysterious!

Offline Profile