<  No Idea Message Beard  ~  New paintings by Jason Armadillo at Satchel's Pizza

Forum rules
Be kind to each other. Remember, everyone starts somewhere. No one is born an introverted, hyper-specialized nerd. (They are grown in a vat.) Spread the knowledge. Play nice. Be polite, help someone out. Take arguments elsewhere. Teach someone a magic trick. Pass along an awesome recipe. Have fun and don't take things too seriously. Eat pasta!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:00 am
User avatarButtered Toast with JamJoined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:04 pmPosts: 80Location: GVFL
As of Nov 7th, there's a new series of paintings by me hanging on the left wall of Satchel's Pizza. Eyeballs are predominant, and vintage Melmac was upcycled for the painting surface. They'll be up the whole month of November and I plan to add a couple more in the near future. Go check it out if you feel so inclined...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:35 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:57 amPosts: 556Location: Gainesville, FL
I think I will go peep at them. I like Satchel's, and should eat it more often.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:36 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:57 amPosts: 556Location: Gainesville, FL
I also want to go see the Klezmer Kats soon. Pretty sure they play the second Wednesday of every month at Lightning Salvage.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:35 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pmPosts: 1934Location: Gainesvile, Florida
I moved this post to the main board just because it is Armadillo related and, well, he just gets privileges. Ha!

Hey mammal, howzabout posting a little sneak peak (of a painting)?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:31 am
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:47 pmPosts: 229Location: Gainesville, FL
vardcore wrote:
I moved this post to the main board just because it is Armadillo related and, well, he just gets privileges. Ha!

You know what is awesome about Jason Armadillo? He came to the die Hoffnung show last night. You know what sucks about you? You didn't, buttcave.

Jon

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:34 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pmPosts: 1934Location: Gainesvile, Florida
Marbs wrote:
vardcore wrote:

You know what is awesome about Jason Armadillo? He came to the die Hoffnung show last night. You know what sucks about you? You didn't, buttcave.

Jon

Sorry, I deleted my Facebook account and I did not notice a flyer. Did you invite me? Did you dispatch your driver and limousine to pick me up? Did you dress and feed me? Did you powder my nether locales? I think not.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:19 am
User avatarButtered Toast with JamJoined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:04 pmPosts: 80Location: GVFL
vardcore wrote:
Marbs wrote:
vardcore wrote:

Jon

Sorry, I deleted my Facebook account and I did not notice a flyer. Did you invite me? Did you dispatch your driver and limousine to pick me up? Did you dress and feed me? Did you powder my nether locales? I think not.

Mr. Marbs, you realize Var doesn't actually like music anymore, don't you? After all these years of doing No Idea, music is like air to him - he knows it's there, he knows he needs it to survive, but he's not conscious of it happening. Apparently, getting his raisin sack powdered by dudes is much more important these days.

That being said, thanks Var for moving this to the main forum. "Cyclops" is the overall theme of the paintings. Most everything is painted on vintage Melmac plates, though there are a couple of pieces on canvas too. I didn't actually take any pictures of the stuff before I hung them on the wall over there (dumb), but here's one I'm working on right now that I hope to finish in the next 24 hours and add to the wall of creatures. It glows in the dark too!
Attachments:
GlowClops.jpg
GlowClops.jpg [ 84 KiB | Viewed 918 times ]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:01 pm
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:47 pmPosts: 229Location: Gainesville, FL
JasonArmadillo wrote:
Mr. Marbs, you realize Var doesn't actually like music anymore, don't you?

Well that explains a majority of the recent No Idea releases. Buuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, Var, Jason and my bands (half crocked and worry ship) are playing with jumpers at the Double Down on Saturday November 26th at 10pm. No "I am stuffed and lazy" excuses.You should have digested all of the squab, suckling pig, and foie gras from your Thanksgiving banquet by then. That enough heads up for you? That's right it is. I own you. Like a pawn shop.

Jon

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:15 pm
Marbs wrote:
I own you. Like a pawn shop.

Jon

Does this mean that I can get myself back from you as long as I make the monthly payments and eventually pay me off? Hmmm. This is a complex concept.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:16 am
Oh nice, I kept thinking this show was tonight. Even better that it is tomorrow. I shall merely lurk and off gas in the meantime.

Offline Profile