<  I'm a Nerd  ~  How much money per month do you spend on records?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:07 pm
ToastJoined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:24 pmPosts: 32
average i spend about 20 bucks a month. i buy mostly used lps and seven inches.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:15 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:28 amPosts: 166
Machiel wrote:
Yeah true, that's annoying but there's nothing you can do about it unfortunatly.

Ahh, not true. I've found a guy selling a single 7" on eBay with postage to the U.K (usually from the States) set at about $12.00.. and after asking him to lower the postage cuz I know for a fact you can send one 7" decently packaged for like $5.40, and have paid that in the past, he told me I'm either making it up or that it's eBay setting the rate. Then I forwarded him the page from the US Post Office website where it has the $5 bucks option listed, and he agreed to lower the postage.

It sounds like a lot of hassle but it burns me up paying loads for postage when the thing arrives and says right there on the front how little it actually cost.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:47 pm
Buttered ToastJoined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:35 amPosts: 72Location: The Netherlands
Yeah of course there are exceptions. But in general paying $10-15 for shipping for each LP cost me a lot of money.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:53 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:28 amPosts: 166
Agreed, it's like paying for each record twice really.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:21 am
BreadJoined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:23 pmPosts: 16Location: Middletown, NY
I don't know definitely but I'm sure I spend hundreds every month. It's a little ridiculous. Every time I turn around a record is just coming out that I want or something that I've been looking for suddenly pops up. All I can hope for is that I get all my wants and labels stop releasing good shite. I'm sure that will happen in the next day or two...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:49 pm
Bradly James wrote:
Usually around $100 a month probably. Again, depends on wtf is going on with labels really. Sometimes I order things through spontaneous bouts of irrationality and sometimes I stop and say I can't afford it.

I try to do like Justing and just grab a copy of a record to have one. Usually don't care about the color it's on and usually don't collect variants. That said, I'll drop whatever it takes to get some of the D4 records and variants I don't have. It might be the only band I'd do that for though.

Exactly how much and what i do

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:26 am
User avatarToastJoined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:21 amPosts: 44Location: st. augustine, florida
my record collecting drops to nothing as i find my way into a band. strings, equipment and vehicle repairs, gas, and merch take all of my 'hobby' money. reading this board and going through my collection has made me consider ditching the band and buying more records! sometimes i feel i'm too old for this shite and there're too many bands anyway...

that said, please buy my band's record when it comes out this summer! :tunes:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:39 pm
User avatarButtered ToastJoined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:00 pmPosts: 55Location: tampa town
used to be $50-$75...but times, they are rough. Now I try not to splend any cash on records..unless a band I like puts out a new 7" or I see a replacements record at the store I don't have.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:02 am
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:36 pmPosts: 3Location: Baltimore
I'd guess $60.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:47 pm
User avatarBreadJoined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:52 amPosts: 8Location: Des Moines, IA
At least $50.