Author Message

<  I'm a Nerd  ~  i hate myself- four songs inquiry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:56 pm
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:46 pmPosts: 4
hey guys. i've been collecting i hate myself vinyll for a little while now and i was just posting this to see if anyone could answer a question i had.
i just bought untitled/four songs/whatever you want to call it. it's black vinyll and i know that the first and third pressings of this record were both released on black vinyll. however, i have no barometer when it comes to the "heavy" or "light" chipboard covers that make them any different/identifiable. i noticed that "i hate myself" is etched into the inside of the vinyll near where the spindle of the record player goes through. i have heard that this indicates first pressing but i was just wondering if you guys know. like i said, i don't know what the "heavy" chipboard cover really feels like because i have nothing to compare it to.

help will be much appreciated!


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:25 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pmPosts: 1934Location: Gainesvile, Florida
jakecollings610 wrote:
i have no barometer when it comes to the "heavy" or "light" chipboard covers that make them any different/identifiable.

If the board is difficult to flex and 2 or 3 times as heavy as any regular LP jacket you have laying around, then it it the heavier board.



_________________
(Freelance Graphic Design) Vardcore / Var Thelin
(Label) NO IDEA RECORDS: P.O.Box 14636, Gainesville, Florida 32604-4636 / http://www.noidearecords.com
(Store) ARROW'S AIM RECORDS: 101 N. Main Street, Gainesville Florida 32601 / 12-8 / 352-371-2121
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:12 pm
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:46 pmPosts: 4
okay so i took some pictures but they wouldn't upload so i had to put them on tiny pic. sorry for this being kind of fucking annoying but if you could take a look that would be awesome. it's definitely thicker than your average cover and it doesn't bend that much. like i said before, "i hate myself" is scratched into the weenil itself and i bought it from someone who shipped from gainesville so..

here are the pictures:


http://oi48.tinypic.com/25fkpkx.jpg

http://oi45.tinypic.com/xb0h87.jpg

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2nsvyns.jpg

http://oi46.tinypic.com/28lsztl.jpg

http://oi48.tinypic.com/30ru3bk.jpg

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2efrdxu.jpg

sorry for the inconvenience


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:07 am
User avatarButtered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJ and a Coffee, an Espresso, and a Bagel with HummusJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pmPosts: 1934Location: Gainesvile, Florida
Huh. That looks pretty thick, but the first press was self-released by the band... and i don't think we stamped them with the no idea logos until the 2nd pressing. The first pressing or two had no labels whatsoever... just weenil; no paper. That comes back to me now. Example: the clear ones are really obvious, haha.

Maybe we used the heavy board for the 2nd or 3rd pressing too? I dunno. Lost to me now.



_________________
(Freelance Graphic Design) Vardcore / Var Thelin
(Label) NO IDEA RECORDS: P.O.Box 14636, Gainesville, Florida 32604-4636 / http://www.noidearecords.com
(Store) ARROW'S AIM RECORDS: 101 N. Main Street, Gainesville Florida 32601 / 12-8 / 352-371-2121
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:39 am
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:04 pmPosts: 206
vardcore wrote:
Huh. That looks pretty thick, but the first press was self-released by the band... and i don't think we stamped them with the no idea logos until the 2nd pressing. The first pressing or two had no labels whatsoever... just weenil; no paper. That comes back to me now. Example: the clear ones are really obvious, haha.

Maybe we used the heavy board for the 2nd or 3rd pressing too? I dunno. Lost to me now.


Agreed. That is definitely the heavy board cover. Much thicker than the covers on the later pressings. I checked my 1st pressing, and there aren't any stamps. Also the "I Hate Myself" etched in the center is really easy to read, whereas in my later pressing black copy, you can barely make it out.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:43 pm
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:46 pmPosts: 4
oh okay. thanks guys. this is probably a third pressing then. thanks for all the help!


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:09 pm
BreadJoined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:00 pmPosts: 7
I know this question comes up almost every year but I read somewhere that there is ANOTHER I Hate Myself reunion happening? Not the pre-fest 9 one in 2010 either. Can anyone confirm this? It might sound crazy but I would consider crossing the Atlantic for something like that.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:00 pm
Buttered Toast with Jam and a Glass of OJJoined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:47 pmPosts: 229Location: Gainesville, FL
Greenberg wrote:
I know this question comes up almost every year but I read somewhere that there is ANOTHER I Hate Myself reunion happening? Not the pre-fest 9 one in 2010 either. Can anyone confirm this? It might sound crazy but I would consider crossing the Atlantic for something like that.


Steve agreed to play a show we were asked to play in May but that show ended up not happening. I tried to get him to do a different show. He said no. That's it. I had hopes of doing a small show with the three of us but it looks like that won't ever happen. Would have been fun, but probably terrible. It would not be worth crossing the Atlantic, I assure you. We also talked about doing a show somewhere odd like St. Johns Newfoundland but Jim has a kid, I will have one very soon, it is expensive and of course Steve was not into it.

Jon


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:37 pm
User avatarButtered Toast with JamJoined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:04 pmPosts: 80Location: GVFL
Marbs wrote:

Steve agreed to play a show we were asked to play in May but that show ended up not happening. I tried to get him to do a different show. He said no. That's it. I had hopes of doing a small show with the three of us but it looks like that won't ever happen. Would have been fun, but probably terrible. It would not be worth crossing the Atlantic, I assure you. We also talked about doing a show somewhere odd like St. Johns Newfoundland but Jim has a kid, I will have one very soon, it is expensive and of course Steve was not into it.

Jon


You guys could do a streaming webcast via Skype or some shite.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:09 am
BreadJoined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:00 pmPosts: 7
It's a shame I guess as Ten Songs is my favourite record of all time, and the rest are all up there too. I'll just start my own band and rip you guys off, poorly.


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 5 hours
Page 1 of 1
10 posts
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
cron
 

چای لاغری دکتر سینا